MissionPromoting piping, drumming, and highland dancing in and around southern Indiana. The Bloomington Pipers' Society was founded to host and encourage the growth and improvement of good bagpiping music, drumming music, and highland dancing in the south central region of Indiana through education, outreach, performance, and competition.
While the focus is on piping in the tradition of the Great Highland Bagpipe, all bagpipes and their pipers are welcome at our gatherings.
HistoryThe Bloomington Pipers' Society was founded in January of 2015 by Angus Martin with assistance from Chris Eller. Various members of the community actively contribute to the Society to help further the mission.
LocationThe Society has met at different venues since its inception. We currently meet at St. Thomas Lutheran Church at 3800 E. 3rd Street (corner of 3rd and Smith Road). Enter near the west side of the building, opposite the main entrance.
Correspondence can be sent to us at:
Bloomington Pipers' Society
P.O. Box 8842
Bloomington, IN 47407
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BPipersSociety
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bloomingtonpipers
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bloomingtonpipers/
- Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
- Angus Martin - President
- Aimee Dobbs
- Mary Jean Holwager - Business Manager